- Scope and Content
- What are Cookies?
- “Third party cookies” are set by third parties and enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through Pocketry's sites (e.g., advertising, videos, and website analytics services). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognize your device when it visits Pocketry sites and as well as when it visits certain other websites.
- How Long do Cookies Last?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer varies. Pocketry sites use the following types of cookies:
- “Session cookies” exist only during your web browsing session and are deleted automatically when you close your browser.
- “Permanent cookies” or “persistent cookies” survive after your browser is closed and can be used by websites to recognize your computer when you later re-open your browser and browse the Internet again.
Pocketry sites use the following types of cookies:
- Analytics/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors on Pocketry sites and see how visitors navigate Pocketry sites. This helps us improve the way Pocketry sites work (e.g., by making it easier for you to find information on the site). For example, Pocketry uses analytics cookies from Google Analytics.
- Functionality cookies. We use these cookies to remind us of who you are and to access your activity and/or account information in order to deliver a more personalized and relevant experience on tallandsmall.co.
- Advertising cookies. These cookies enable interest-based advertising on Pocketry sites and third party websites using information you make available to us when you interact with our sites, content, or services. Interest-based ads are displayed to you based on cookies linked to your online activities, such as viewing products on our sites. We may also share this information with third parties for these purposes. We may use this information to ensure you see products of interest to you, manage the frequency with which you see an advertisement, tailor advertisements to better match your interests, and to help us understand the effectiveness of our advertising. For example, Pocketry uses advertising cookies from DoubleClick.
- Other Technologies We Use
We will collect your IP address when you visit Pocketry sites. We may be able to identify where your communication originated and the organization that it is using to access Pocketry sites.
We also work with third party companies, such as web analytics companies, advertisers, or companies working on their behalf. These companies use pixels and cookie technologies to serve the ads that appear on Pocketry or third party websites directly to your browser, based in part on your online activity. These third parties employ cookies to measure and improve the effectiveness of advertisements for their clients, including us. To do so, these companies may use information about your visits to our sites and other websites. This information can also be used for online preference marketing purposes, including providing relevant advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. Pocketry does not have access to or control over cookies or other features that advertisers (e.g., AdRoll, DoubleClick) and third party websites may use, and the information practices of these advertisers and third party websites would be covered by their policies.
- How to Control Cookies
You can also delete cookies via your internet browser settings. This will delete all of the information associated with that cookie – which means, for Pocketry sites, e.g. that you will not be recognized on your next visit and will have to re-enter any information previously provided.
Another option for cookie control is a browser plug-in, which is a piece of software that can enable additional capabilities to your browser.
Some web browsers may let you enable a “do not track” feature that sends signals to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not want your online activities tracked. This is different than blocking or deleting cookies, as browsers with a “do not track” feature enabled may still accept cookies. While Pocketry sites at this time do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, such as “do not track” instructions, you can generally express your privacy preferences regarding the use of most cookies and similar technologies though your web browser.
For more information about DoubleClick, including information about how to opt out, visit Google Privacy and Terms. For more information about Google Analytics and how it collects and processes data, visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. For more information about how to opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.